Thursday, December 2, 2010

Will Rogers

A few weeks ago I was hanging out with my mom and dad and my dad flipped to TMC and there was this movie on about the life of Will Rogers. I don't know much about him. I kind of knew who he was, but I usually get him confused with Roy Rogers... Other than that movie was absolutely eye opening about the way government works, it was also eye opening about human nature. If I could remember the name of the movie, I'd suggest it, all I remember is that the actor who played Will was his son. At the end of the movie they showed his most famous quote, "I never met a man I didn't like." I wanted to write about that concept, so I did a little more research about him and I found the entire quote that that bit is linked to. I found it on Wikipedia, so...

"I bet you if I had met him and had a chat with him, I would have found him a very interesting and human fellow, for I never yet met a man that I didn't like. When you meet people, no matter what opinion you might have formed about them beforehand, why, after you meet them and see their angle and their personality, why, you can see a lot of good in all of them.[27]
How amazing is that statement?  If you get to know them, you can see the good in them. Boy do I need to figure that concept out! I almost always jump to conclusions about people. I"m a big first impressions sort of person. You know what? There is so much more to a person than a first impression. And how much am I missing because I don't get to know them?

I am so grateful for people who have already learned things like that because I can learn from them! And if I take time to learn about people how much more am I going to be able to learn?

No comments:

Post a Comment